Thursday, December 25, 2008

We are in Chennai at Mercy's parents' winter home. It is quite warm here and humid. Pune was higher and drier, so this is a change for us. Papa Charles has taken the day off and slept in while the rest of us went to church at St Andrew's. The service was surprisingly Methodist!!!

There are quite a large group of us. Mercy's sister Grace stayed home with PC to fix his breakfast; she is second oldest, with Mercy being eldest. Samuel is is next, a tall young man and Imunuel is youngest. All are beautiful or hansome. To that add Mom and Dad, myself and the driver. After church we picked up Mercy's Aunt and Grandmother. They had ordered food to be delivered that was there when we got there. Lunch was was a wonderful spread of a variety of dishes and several rices (white, brown and fried). The afternoon was full of sitting and talking and giving of gifts. Now Nikhil and Sam and I have come to a brousing center.

We spent yerterday shopping at Spencers, a very large shopping mall. We spent so long there that we had supper in the food court and went home very satisfied. I really think PC had too much shopping + higher temp + humidity + not enough water = an exhausted old gent!!! He is with us now, though and is feeling fine.

We've done a lot of driving, since this is a much larger city than Pune, so I have had lots of opportunities to snap photos. I've seen cows - lots of cows - in the road, standing with their front 2 feet in a house entrance, and did I mention ON THE ROAD? Of course I tried to take a picture of this activity, and every frame did not "take". I began to think the cows didn't want their photo taken, but the driver stopped for me to take one and it did "take". Will send photos when we get to a home computer and someone can help me.

We miss you all Love MJ

No comments: